You know you want to have a healthy breakfast every morning. But by the time your alarms screams at you, snoozing a 3rd time is not an option anymore, the nice warm shower seems to convinces you to stay in a bit longer and finally dressed you can’t find one of your shoes and it’s almost a miracle you are in your car in just in time on your way to work and you have skipped breakfast again.
Do you recognise this? Then these breakfast muffins are also a must try for you. My commute to work is 40 minutes which a breakfast time for me and these breakfast muffins are easy to take and don’t crumble.
If you this is not how you start your day, then still for yourself or your children, these muffins are sugar free, high on fibre and as said (almost) crumble free.
They do require a small bit of planning, I make 1 batch, around 9, one evening for the coming next 3 mornings and that is the max. Be aware that the more applesauce you add the shorter they keep.
adapted from confessions of a fit foodie
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 jar of organic applesauce
- ts vanilla
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- Tbs cinnamon
- 5 tbs honey
- tsp bakingpowder
- 1 apple
- handful raisins
- preheat the oven at 180C
- mix the eggs, applesauce, honey and vanilla very well and set aside
- in another bowl mix the rolled oats with the cinnamon and baking powder
- add the dry ingredients with the egg mixture and with a wooden spoon mix all together
- fill the muffin cups half then add some raisins and pieces of apple, then fill add the rest and top up with apple. don't add the raisins on top, they might burn.
- put in the oven and bake for about 40 mins
- Let them cool completely before you put them in a jar.