This salad is ideal for a starter or side salad when you have people over for dinner.
It requires so little time spend in your kitchen, which gives you more time to socialise with your friends and/or have a glass of wine and relax. The only thing you have to worry about is, to start roasting the sweet potato in time, which takes about 40 min.
But of course, you can eat it as an easy dinner. I love it, when I come home and before I take off my coat, I turn on the oven and once I’m ready to chop the potato the oven is ready. Then I have half an hour to do some stuff in the house, I know I’m not always that person , but the option is there. After that, when I can sit down, I’m pretty please with myself, for being productive and having a healthy dinner.
- 1 big sweet potato
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 of a cucumber sliced & quartered
- 1/2 packet of rocket
- small handful of pumpkin seeds
- TB coconut oil for roasting
- for dressing
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Peel the sweet potato and chop in cubes, don't make them too small, so that the outside roasted and inside stays nice and soft. Put in the oven with some coconut oil and roast for about 40 mins
- now you only have to slice & quarter the cucumber and sit back & relax for 10 mins
- 10 mins before the sweet potato is ready, add the cherry tomatoes
- On a big plate lay the rocket, then layer on top the cucumber, sweet potato and cherry tomatoes on top, sprinkle with some pumpkin seeds & black pepper.
- For the dressing mix all the ingredients together and stir. please taste as, I sometimes add too much mustard and that dominates the complete flavour of your dressing. Serve the dressing on the side.